What is the true value of a photo?

imagemaker46

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
imagecommunications.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I learned something about the value of a photo just recently, and it put everything I do as a photographer into another perspective. I have shot a lot of professional football games in the past 40 years, but last year I decided to start scanning all my negatives and my Dad's(he is also a photographer) and put them online, it is now the largest personal Canadian Football League archive in Canada, over 4000 player photos.

A couple of months back I had an e-mail from a former player asking if I had any photos of his playing days, I did find about 10 and put them online. Yesterday he contacted me. What he wrote was:

"During the 6 years I played neither myself or my folks had a VCR and between non-documentation in the pre-digital age and all the concussions it's like it never happened. Being able to get these photos is like regaining life experience that maybe I won't forget"

Hard to deny the value of putting in all the work. In a small way photographs can be life changers.

I would gladly pay $100 apiece for good, or even decent, photos of my mother and father back in the 1950's and 1960's...a fire destroyed virtually all their negatives and prints from 1973 and earlier...I have very, very few pictures of my mother or father.

Most reactions

Back