What is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

Ostrich, Emu, Buffalo, Bear (not so uncommon in North America)

Cammel and Pigeon (not uncommon in the Middle East)

Some have listed aligator, but that is not strange to me. I eat blackened aligator on a regular basis.

I lived and travelled in the Middle East for seveal years, so there really is no telling what I ate when buying food from the street vendors

Raw sea urchin caviar, calf brain, horse meat. The latter was tough as a steak but ok in hamburgers. I was 6 or 7 when there was a severe lack of other meats on the market due to their exportation and the authorities decided to sacrifice horses in order to satisfy the population. Otherwise I would never have horse meat!

Had maggots...eating outdated Crunch and Munch in the dark. When I turn on the light the wierd feeling that I got from inside the box was some kind of webs and maggoti looking things...also ate one in a peach that I stole from the neighbors tree...learned a lesson both times.

Im not very adventurous when it comes to food. Possibly the strangest thing i have ingested was a small plastic pot of milk you get at service stations. It was on a desk in college and a friend urged me to drink it.

So more the circumstances rather than the actual drink.

I guess this goes here.

Don't you love it when you wake gasping for water three hours after you stopped pouring toxins down your throat. You don't reach for the pint glass with fresh water next to you, instead you reach further for that cup. The one that's been by the side of your bed for a couple of weeks. The one where the contents has changed colour three times. You're not sure what was in it in the beginning, but you've been emptying stuff from other glasses into it over the space of time to stop it from drying out because then it will be harder to clean. That somehow has logic to it. It's got a slight film of oil on it for some reason but no mould and it's separated into three layers.

And then you take a sip...

When I went to the Air Force survival school in Washington state, I ate all sorts of bugs. Mainly grasshoppers. The best way is to rip the back legs off so they're not kicking when you're gulping them down. I also ate a fresh rabbit eyeball when I was there. Pulled it right of the rabbit's eye socket and gulped it down. Washed it down with a raw potato. Yum.

Possibly the strangest thing i have ingested was a small plastic pot of milk you get at service stations.

So you had the plastic pot? that is weird indeed! You know that you are supposed to open it and just have the contents, don't you?

i've eaten many things, today i'm eating a doughnut.

Its weird. Its a tiny teeny weeny little weird doughnut.

Im also drooling a little bit.

Most reactions

Back