What is this called?


TPF Noob!
Apr 23, 2021
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello All I just joined this great site,Iam new to collecting vintage camera's. I got a box of vintage box camera's this piece was in it.
I have done research on this part I think it's a flash box the piece has no name on it.
If Iam wrong does anyone know what this piece is called?
Thank you


  • IMG_20210422_154239.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20210422_154252.jpg
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 121
You need to post photos that show the whole thing but from what you have posted it appears to be a viewing hood for a rollfilm camera.
A hood with a magnifying glass for focusing.
Looks like a waist level finder. Back in the day, I used one on a Rolieflex TLR. Open the waist finder hood to see the focusing screen, flip a magnifier up for more detailed focusing, and I could even flip an exterior plate down to reveal "sport mode" and shoot that parallel instead of looking down. Pretty cool for the TLR camera of the time.

Most reactions

New Topics