vd853 TPF Noob! Joined Jul 4, 2009 Messages 121 Reaction score 0 Can others edit my Photos Photos NOT OK to edit Apr 8, 2010 #1 I have the 50mm f1.4 USM. What is this red dot on it? the dot is between the f22 indicator. I am thinking it means f1.4?
I have the 50mm f1.4 USM. What is this red dot on it? the dot is between the f22 indicator. I am thinking it means f1.4?
white TPF Noob! Joined Mar 7, 2010 Messages 1,131 Reaction score 7 Can others edit my Photos Photos OK to edit Apr 8, 2010 #2 Looks like the infrared focusing indicator. That vertical line is the "normal" focusing indicator; since infrared is beyond what we can see, that dot is there so you can adjust your focus.
Looks like the infrared focusing indicator. That vertical line is the "normal" focusing indicator; since infrared is beyond what we can see, that dot is there so you can adjust your focus.