What is this? (see pix inside)

DLL_4ever

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.studio409.ca
I wanted to test out my new camera (panasonic lumix dmc-lz2) and see if it could take any good pictures of the stars at night ... obviously it couldnt ... but there's something in the image, i have no idea what .. I thought maybe a shooting star or something, but others tell me that its just a glitch in the image? I dont think so... but i might be wrong...
thing1.jpg

thing2.jpg

And BTW. I had it on a tripod, using a 2 second timer to make sure that i wouldnt shake or blur the image..

Are you talking about the tiny white dot the arrow is pointing to, or the colorful smear down and to the right? If you're saying the shutter was open for 2 seconds, it doesn't seem long enough an exposure to register much of anything celestial.

montresor said:
Are you talking about the tiny white dot the arrow is pointing to, or the colorful smear down and to the right? If you're saying the shutter was open for 2 seconds, it doesn't seem long enough an exposure to register much of anything celestial.
Well the first image shows the image i took at full size ... with the arrow pointing to what i'm talking about ... and the 2nd image is the same thing, just zoomed up.. And the shutter was open for 8 seconds..

looks like a dead pixel or hot pixel to me.

its pretty common with digital cameras.

My bad. My computer at work loaded the two pictures as one, for some reason. I know, what am I doing here when I'm supposed to be working?

That seems like an IR light... it registers like that color with digital cameras usually.

Most reactions

Back