What is wrong?

It's a good shot...but looking at it...there does seem to be something odd.

I think it could use more contrast...especially in the foreground. Maybe it could be sharper as well.

The blue sky seems so bright that it dominates the image...maybe tone it down or tweak the color of it.

For me personally and at very first sight it is too blue ... i.e. to "cold" (colour temperaturewise).
If this wer mine I'd definitely warm the colours a little.

rebelnotarget said:
Hi, can someone tell me what is wrong with this picture?
Dunno what you want to hear, but imho it is an uninteresting, oversaturated picture. 'Disney colors'. Sorry.

I like this shot but I agree with Big Mike, and LaFoto...there seems to be too much blue. Maybe try to play with the levels in PS.
Nicely captured.

Does this look any better. i am not that great with photshop, just learning. Thank you for all of your coments, I really appreciate them. :D

to me the picture looks too flat, it lacks depth.
the edit looks a little better, but there is still something wrong in the sky that i cant put my finger on....

HTH
Victor

To me it looks like the light was a bit too harsh. Maybe you took this shot when the sun was very in the sky. If you try to shoot earlier in the morning or later in the afternoon, you may get more subtle colours in the sky.
Alternatively, the picture might have been better with big white clouds in the very blue sky.

My comment is that there isn't anything 'wrong' per se, but more that there isn't anything that pops with the picture. I don't really see anything interesting to look at in the pic. Not to be harsh, but the sky is empty and the landscape is rather mundane.

--Illah

Yes as the others have pointed out, technically the first shot seems to have oversaturated reds and blues and is at the same time lacks contrast everywhere else. The white balance is also way to cool as LaFoto pointed out.

The second version is much better in regards to saturation and contrast but the white balance still looks a bit funky to me, although it is better then the first. Maybe too warm this time and a bit too green.

Overall it is lacking as a photograph. What is the subject here? As a landscape there is nothing that holds my interest. There are too many seperate elements, the berries, the trees and the path to the right. The way they are composed causes my eye to wander restlessly.

you havn't captured anything that captures the eye, normally there has to be some sort of interesting feature in a picture, obviously... Maybe if you composed the photo so there was more path within the frame, it could be a far more interesting piccie. or evn shoot it in portait, get down even lower to the grown, and you may have an interesting perspective making the christmas trees looking taller

well...for me it looks the photographer couldn't decide what to shoot. the path is somehow not "finished" and not well used in a photographed. same is with red flowers on the left. I think that you should move a bite left and play with composition of this picture. try to decide on one main subject which youwill frame well, not a whole scene...because here we can't exactly see what is the subject of the photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back