What is your dream location for a vacation?

Senor Hound

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If you could go one place in the world for a vacation, where would it be and why?

I don't know where I'd pick. It'd probably be Europe, and it would be dry, hot, sunny, with almost overly-friendly people and beautiful women (if anyone can tell me where this is, I'd love to know so I can start saving now). I'd either go there or Finland, because I have family there I've always wanted to meet (cousins and whatnot). And we could learn about each other in sauna!

So where is your dream locale? Tahiti (totally remote beaches)? Galapagos (amazing wildlife)? Paris (landmarks)? Brazil (beautiful people)? Rome (archeology)? Just list where and why, it will be fun!

The beach. Somewhere in the Caribbean.

I don't think I'll be able to go back any time soon.

I would settle for just not (ever) going to work though...

Iceland: the landscapes look amazing and there are so many photographic opportunities.

I don't know where I'd pick. It'd probably be Europe, and it would be dry, hot, sunny, with almost overly-friendly people and beautiful women (if anyone can tell me where this is, I'd love to know so I can start saving now).

Tuscany (Italy) might be close to that (although I don't know about the beautiful women).

Ireland or Europe in general.

Tanzania - has the Serengeti, the Selous, Zanzibar (lovely beaches) and it would seem more normal to live in a tent :). Heading there in 3 1/2 months to confirm that it is my dream vacation!

I've not had a holiday this century as I don't like to go alone and I get scared because it gets dark at night. :(

But Iceland or the West Highlands Of Scotland would do me :biggrin:

Tuscany (Italy) might be close to that (although I don't know about the beautiful women).[/QUOTE

Italian woman are pretty good looking alright! they have style and are well dressed too. I'll be going to toscana again soon and would say it has what you're looking for. Spain also has some places that would pretty much fit the bill. They might be a bit more easy going then the italians.

Europe is a great!!!! I would not pick a place I would love to travel throught the whole of europe by train.

Other options are Argentina, mexico and I loved new york.

Anywhere really. If I travelled solo then it's be more out of the way places. If I was travelling with my wife then it'd be someplace easy to get to with a car and with a 4-star or better hotel. I don't mind roughing it in 3 star hotels, myself :p. Seriously - on my own I'd stay in any roach motel as I don't pay much for hotels. If I can sleep on a train then I do that instead.

There is a chance I am heading to Iceland later this summer .. I will give everyone a full downlow if I do go ;)

I would love to go back to Italy (I was there for a whirlwind 3 day trip last fall) or head back to Peru.

It amazes me how many want to go to Iceland, I mean, 90% of the island is covered in glaciers! From what I've heard if you go outside of Reykjavik...nothing. But I bet that other 10% of the island is worth it. Still it seems a bit cold for my liking.

I was thinking about Barcelona... That sounds great.

Most reactions

Back