What is your favorite lens?

After renting it for a weekend the Nikon 105mm AF-S VR Micro....just have to save a little more cash.

For weddings a fast 2.8 lens is ideal. I would love a Nikon 70-200 VRII but they are pretty pricey. For now I use the Nikon 80-200 f2.8. It's a great lens and can be picked up used for $600-$800.

my 35mm f2 lens is the tits. sharpest lens i own, by far, and i got it used for 130 bones!

though i like the effect of the 24mm f2.8 lens on my film camera. so wide.

The Nikon 105mm f/2 AF-D Defocus Control is one of my favorite lenses. Not many other lenses have its incredible bokeh, nor its extraordinary ability to be pointed right at bright light sources without fear of ghosting or flaring.

It's in there somewhere.........

782179052_7pq9i-XL.jpg

.... I swear.

Well, I really want the 85mm f/1.4 (D or G), and the 300mm f/2.8 would be nice, ohhh a fish-eye would be cool..... oh wait, I really think the 200-400mm would finish off my set.​

Nice K. I would be confused which hood goes with which lens.

Right now my favorite lens is definitely my 70-200 2.8.

And speaking of third party manufacturers, mine is the $800 sigma, non OS version. Honestly for the money it can't be beat in my opinion. Fast focus, doesn't hunt unless your in very low light, and it's sharp enough for my uses. My only complaint is it's visible CA when shooting against a strong backlight, however this is easily removable in post and doesn't show up very often.

My Canon 24TS-E mk2 is a stellar landscape lens and my favorite lens overall...so sharp it hurts ;-)

My favorite lens changes from time to time. It depends what I want to shoot at that moment.

thank you for all the help and information...man it is so hard to decide..but am I understanding that the off brands do not work as well in low light as a nikon would? I really need a great lens for the ceremony and reception. but I think it would be much easier to hold a lens than use a mono pod or tripod....does it take alot of practice to hold the 70-200 by hand? maybe I should try out the 24-70 before I purchase the 70-200.....I really want great bokeh as well though!

thank you for all the help and information...man it is so hard to decide..but am I understanding that the off brands do not work as well in low light as a nikon would? I really need a great lens for the ceremony and reception. but I think it would be much easier to hold a lens than use a mono pod or tripod....does it take alot of practice to hold the 70-200 by hand? maybe I should try out the 24-70 before I purchase the 70-200.....I really want great bokeh as well though!

I hand held my 70-200 2.8 for over 3 hours shooting a football game, the first day I had it. It gets a little heavy after a while but it is VERY doable.

Photo from that game:
1036304329_XWUzi-XL-2.jpg

*Sigma 70-200 2.8, non OS, handheld. Nikon D40. (exif data: 70mm, f2.8, 1/200th, iso 1600)

As long as there is enough light to keep your shutter speed greater than the focal length of the lens (ex. - at 200mm (add in 1.5x crop factor =300mm) you need at least 1/300th of a second to avoid blur from hand holding)

If its dimmer you need a monopod, dimmer yet and you need a tripod.

Nikkor 24-70 2.8 AFS
Nikkor 70-200 2.8 VRII
Sigma 120-300mm f2.8

Favorite lenses although I don't own any :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back