What is your first photo of 2018?

Okay, not the first image but 3 of the first attempts at the frozen bubbles. Can't figure out if it isn't cold enough here or if I didn't get enough glycerin in the solution or what.

Frozen bubbles-10.jpg

Frozen bubbles-17.jpg

Frozen bubbles-29.jpg

Okay, not the first image but 3 of the first attempts at the frozen bubbles. Can't figure out if it isn't cold enough here or if I didn't get enough glycerin in the solution or what.

View attachment 151634

View attachment 151635

View attachment 151636

Glycerin? You don't need that. 2 parts water, 1 part dawn dish soap and 1 part corn syrup. Some say add one tablespoon of sugar but I haven't tried that yet. I read that it must be a max of 18*f.

View attachment 151634

View attachment 151635

View attachment 151636

Glycerin? You don't need that. 2 parts water, 1 part dawn dish soap and 1 part corn syrup. Some say add one tablespoon of sugar but I haven't tried that yet. I read that it must be a max of 18*f.

I read a post that if you didn't have corn syrup, then use the glycerin (wife had some of that). It also could be that I added it to kids bubbles instead of make my own.

The corn syrup is a good thickener. You could probably boil down some simple syrup instead. I tried to use store bought bubbles that we had in the garage but they were frozen solid in the jar.

As for if it is cold enough. As long as they're freezing it's cold enough.

We're getting a nice collection here. Lets keep them going. Doesn't have to be shot on the 1st. Just your first of the year.

Just another day in the paradise, so glad we came south to get away from the cold :confused-55:

snow.jpg

Very nice PKarn.
I see we should be expecting more bouncing puppy photos then. :allteeth:

smoke, it looks like you need to keep going south. I hear Chile is excellent this time of year.

I think it was a photo of my lunch taken with my iPad.

Just a simple mobile photo on New Year's of the Seattle Skyline.
20171231_235507.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

I was wrong...
according to my camera, this was the first photo I took in the New Year
DSC_5065.jpg

A photo of a parcel that was nearly delivered but was left outside in a puddle of water. Photo was to illustrate my complaint.
jacket.jpg

Most reactions

Back