What kind of bag do you use for photowalks?

JClishe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just switched from a Tamrac Expedition 5x backpack to a ThinkTank Urban Disguise 60 v2. I had the Tamrac for about 2 years but I never really liked it a whole lot; I didn't feel like I could get much in it, despite its size. The layout seemed inefficient. And I became less fond of the concept of a backpack; having to take it off and lay it down on the ground or floor every time I wanted to get something out was a pain. Even reaching into it in the backseat of the car was a hassle.

However, I'm planning an urban photowalk where I'll probably end up walking a couple miles, and I'm wondering what bag to use. The Urban Disguise is a shoulder bag and it doesn't seem like that would be very comfortable to have bouncing off my hip for 2 miles. And bringing the Expedition 5x seems like overkill when I'll only really need a spare lens or two with me.

So I guess my vision is to have 2 bags: The Urban Disguise will go with me, but then once I park and get ready to start walking, I'll pack a smaller bag with whatever gear I feel I'll need for the walk and leave the UD in the car. Any recommendations?

My large bag to wherever I'm going and then just a vest with another lens, flash, TC. That's normally enough for me.

My slingshot, it's Awesomesauce. It's been hiking, climbing, urban shooting, everywhere, and it makes it all manageable. The added benefit of a place to rest your elbow to steady a shot or provide a break for your arm, is a real plus.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back