What kind of light is in this pic?

Nessy024

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello

Last edited:
its against forum rules to post photo that are not yours. and thats just the light that was there, all they did was have a longer shutter speed.

Looks like they put a flash behind the couple and dragged the shutter (slow shutter) the couple was more than likely asked to stand still.
-
Read up on dragging the shutter.
-
Shoot well, Joe

You know thats what i thought at first, i tried with my flash trigger but i just was not bright enough

Last edited:
It's too white to be a halgoen. I'd say he just had a stronger strobe than you do.

Since the shutter was open a while, it could also have just been fired a few times... and if not, you could simulate more power from yours that way anyway.

Perhaps he didn't want the cops knocking on the door, someone mentioned its "illegal"
bigthumb.gif

Perhaps he didn't want the cops knocking on the door, someone mentioned its "illegal"
bigthumb.gif

Posting links to an image is just fine here. Posting the image itself isn't.

bigthumb.gif

I'm a noob here, so maybe I don't understand the distinction. Are you saying that just pasting in the link is okay, but using the "Image" linking feature that puts the photo inline is not allowed? If so, that just seems like we're splitting hairs. It's a link either way. The only difference is the type of link and how the forum software handles them.

I'm curious because I just posted another online image in a different thread as an example of what I was trying to achieve and I want to make sure I don't violate the rules. It seems to me that if the image is already on the web, there shouldn't be a problem posting a link to it.

bigthumb.gif

I'm a noob here, so maybe I don't understand the distinction. Are you saying that just pasting in the link is okay, but using the "Image" linking feature that puts the photo inline is not allowed? If so, that just seems like we're splitting hairs. It's a link either way. The only difference is the type of link and how the forum software handles them.

I'm curious because I just posted another online image in a different thread as an example of what I was trying to achieve and I want to make sure I don't violate the rules. It seems to me that if the image is already on the web, there shouldn't be a problem posting a link to it.

Not splitting hairs...

if you post the actual image (i.e. it is displayed here - however it is done) then it's akin to taking a print and putting it on your wall without permission.
If you post a link it is like telling someone to go to the gallery to look at a good picture. You are leaving the image in it's original place, not "taking it".

EDIT: I suppose you are also directing people to look at other work by the author when you post a link rather than the image itself. A little bit of pay-back for borrowing the image in the first place. :)

Last edited:

Not splitting hairs...

if you post the actual image (i.e. it is displayed here - however it is done) then it's akin to taking a print and putting it on your wall without permission.
If you post a link it is like telling someone to go to the gallery to look at a good picture. You are leaving the image in it's original place, not "taking it".

I still don't see the technical distinction. Just because the forum software is displaying it inline, it's still a link to the original image. The forum software is displaying it from its original location. It is not being copied or moved in any way. As proof, right-click on any image and look at its properties. You will see the URL to the picture.

EDIT: Just for grins, I just read up on the copyright issues associated with various types of linking. Despite the fact that a link is a link, from a technical perspective, it does appear that the copyright issues are less clear in cases when images are displayed inline versus just posting the link itself. So, based on that, it makes sense not to post inline images to images we don't own.

Not splitting hairs...

I still don't see the technical distinction. Just because the forum software is displaying it inline, it's still a link to the original image. The forum software is displaying it from its original location. It is not being copied or moved in any way. As proof, right-click on any image and look at its properties. You will see the URL to the picture.

EDIT: Just for grins, I just read up on the copyright issues associated with various types of linking. Despite the fact that a link is a link, from a technical perspective, it does appear that the copyright issues are less clear in cases when images are displayed inline versus just posting the link itself. So, based on that, it makes sense not to post inline images to images we don't own.

Fair enough. Best not to break the rules, then. Just out of interest (or not) if you use Flickr for your own work (as I do) then when you insert one of your own images in a forum it must link back to the Flickr site. So, just using the

Most reactions

Back