What kind of paper?

Ptyler22

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.harvardpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am going to have a 16x24' and 2 11x14's made for my sisters dorm room and I am not sure what kind of paper to order them on. Should I get Gloss, Matte, Lustre, Mettalic, or get 3 11x14's on silk paper? The pictures are of flowers, if that makes a difference.

Thanks alot

Last edited:
Anybody? If you have any experience or if you have ever printed prints that size ish, and know what kind of paper it is would be good. I just need to order them today. Thanks guys

What color shirt should I wear? What should I have for dinner? :er:

Paper type is a personal preference, so you should use what you like or what suits the location where it will hang and the way in which it will be displayed (framed etc).

With paper types, I suggest you order some sample prints and see what you like best. For larger prints to hang on a wall, it would be good to have them framed or mounted in some way.

What color shirt should I wear? What should I have for dinner? :er:

Paper type is a personal preference, so you should use what you like or what suits the location where it will hang and the way in which it will be displayed (framed etc).

With paper types, I suggest you order some sample prints and see what you like best. For larger prints to hang on a wall, it would be good to have them framed or mounted in some way.

OK, I kind of want to try metallic, but I have no idea what the looks like, assuming they wont be framed and just on the wall, do you think metallic would be ok, or would it fingerprint and such really easy?
Otherwise I think I may go matte, because then it won't fingerprint or glare so much. Thanks

Metallic paper is pretty cool, but I'd check it out in person, before ordering large prints.

I think you should look into some type of mounting. It doesn't have to be extravagant or expensive...but there is a big difference between a plain print and a mounted print, when it's hanging on a wall. Some cheap frames even look pretty good.

Ya I would like to frame it but the wall is cement and she can't put hooks in it or anything so theres no way to hang it, I may just do matte and then if I come up with some way to frame it I will.
Is matte going to be aweful? Is Lustre a good compromise between shine and fingerprint durability?

3M do a range of Command products which are for mounting loads of different types of hooks etc onto walls that can be easily removed and leave no trace. We use a lot of the range in our rental house. Best part is you can buy more sticky bits and use the hooks when you move house.

3M do a range of Command products which are for mounting loads of different types of hooks etc onto walls that can be easily removed and leave no trace. We use a lot of the range in our rental house. Best part is you can buy more sticky bits and use the hooks when you move house.
Oh, really, I'll have to look into those, thanks

Yup... those 3m command hooks are great. Different sizes and strengths depending on the weight of the object. We have them all over the house during christmas and other holidays. Sure beats poking holes in the walls every year. You can find them at almost any hardware or superstore (target, walmart etc.).

As for paper.... if they are unmounted, I like the look of metallic. If mounted behind glass, I prefer to stick with matte.

Most reactions

Back