What lens upgrade

rrh_hirst

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking to get a new telephoto lens. I do mostly sports and wildlife photography. I am looking at the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200MM f/2.8 ED VR II LENS, and the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG APO OS HMS for NIKON could some one tell me the pros and cons between these two lenses. Thank you for all of your help.

The Nikkor is certainly a very good lens and the Sigma is said to be pretty good as well.

When it comes to comparing top end Sigma/Tamron lenses to top end Canon/Nikon lenses, I usually tell people this:
The Nikon/Canon lens will probably be better, both in image quality and build quality. It will also hold it's value better.
How much better is the quality? That will vary from lens to lens, but it's probably something like 10-20% better. But the catch is that they are usually twice the price.
So you have to ask yourself, whether or not that extra 10-20% is worth paying twice as much. For some people, it is worth it...for many others, it's not.

And to be honest, part of the reasons people buy the more expensive lenses, is the prestige that goes along with them.

Most reactions

Back