What Lense(s) To Purchase

Yosefotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello!

I am currently in the market for a new lens!

I have a Canon 60D
I also have a 50mm f/1.8 Lens

I am looking to do portrait photography, and I love to take pictures of inanimate objects (cones, fire hydrants, and so forth)
I am also looking to do concert photography, as it falls in the category of portrait photography (In my opinion... correct me if I am wrong)
The final thing I want to do is landscape photography.

My budget is around $2,000 and I know there isn't one dream lens out there that does all that I want, but maybe there is one for each category?

What would you all recommend?

Thanks!

Love you all!

-Yosef

My dream portrait lens would be the Canon 85mm f1.2, and you might just get that in your budget. To cover most base, you could get a Sigma 24-70 f2.8 and 70-200 f2.8 withing your budget, so you would have reasonably fast glass from 24-200mm. As for compatibility, I have the above Sigma lenses and they work fine on my 60D.

Shane

My dream portrait lens would be the Canon 85mm f1.2, and you might just get that in your budget. To cover most base, you could get a Sigma 24-70 f2.8 and 70-200 f2.8 withing your budget, so you would have reasonably fast glass from 24-200mm. As for compatibility, I have the above Sigma lenses and they work fine on my 60D.

Shane

Thank you for the tips!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back