What's new

What lies inside?

skiboarder72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 17, 2005
Messages
2,111
Reaction score
82
Location
Greenville, SC
So I posted up a picture of my previous employer about a week ago, and I just happened to wander inside and see what was left of my beloved grocery store. I can't believe how stripped down they got it! All taken with my 10-20mm lens.

Outside
dsc0010za2.jpg


The service desk
dsc0019ti7.jpg


Frozen Section (where I used to work)
dsc0021yh0.jpg
 
Great contrast on #1. The way the light stops at the corner. Good composition.
 
How long was your exposure for the first? And how dark was the sky (to the eyes) - we can see stars, which means it must have been pretty dark! Darker than it seems to us, the viewers of your photo, I am sure!

And where did the light come from?
The first (outside photo) is the best, I think. Is that the back of the building where the truck unloadedt their new supplies to the store?
 
Exposure on the first was about 30 seconds if i remember correctly, the sky was pretty dark but the long exposure really brought it out, the light was from the overhead parking lot lights... i used a very cool white balance to take the nasty yellow out of the photo though

thanks!
 
Why do I love the first photo so much?
 
Haha see now I can see the building on the inside without breaking and entering:-)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom