what lights should i get?

KDPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im thinking about buying a flashpoint 320m from adorama. it comes with softbox and stand for $145. My question is, if i do buy it i need im assuming a fill light and a split light (correct term?). If so which ones are decent ones without breaking the bank, as i do not have a very big budget at all.. ALso 24x24 or 24x36 softbox? THanks in advance..

Just wanted to add that I recently got the 320M myself and really like it, I plan on getting more.

I've heard good things about the 320's as well...

I've also been debating on buying either the 320 or 620, the Alien Bees 400 or 800 or just buying a couple non-dedicated flashes like the Vivitar 285HV its a hard decision...

I'd like to hear the end to your decision.

Just used these yesterday in my Independent Study, and holy ****..... These lights colors are soo 'cool'. And every picture we took with them were perfectly clear. White balance was perfect ! And their cheap. I'm working with a low budget, and i'm ordering these tomorrow.

And they come with a great case !
Amazon.com: SP2700 Professional Photo Umbrella by Square Perfect: Camera & Photo

Hope this helps, :thumbup:

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I've heard good things about the 320's as well...

I've also been debating on buying either the 320 or 620, the Alien Bees 400 or 800 or just buying a couple non-dedicated flashes like the Vivitar 285HV its a hard decision...

I'd like to hear the end to your decision.

The Alien Bee B400 is 160 Watt Seconds while the Flashpoint 320m is only 150WS...

The Alien Bee B800 is 320 Watt Seconds while the Flashpoint 620m is only 300 WS...

Other than that the specs appear quite similar between the two brands... BUT the Alien Bee product is WAY more expensive. There may be other differences... But I can't see a significant difference...

Since I am on a fairly tight budget, I am leaning heavily towards the Flashpoint product...

After more research... I think I have decided to go with the Flashpoint 620m kit... My mind is not 100% made up yet. But I think the Flashpoint system is a great value.

PS Adorama's shipping prices seem to be a bit higher... But I am Canadian.

If anyone has more or differing info... please share it.

The Flashpoint M-series monolights have a small, 15 ounce battery pack option, which makes them different from most other monolights. The M-series are AC or DC power capable. And they are very affordable. Two,identical lights would be a wise purchase...use one at full power as a main light, use the other at half power as a fill light, or use the one for fill farther away than the main light one is placed at.

Most reactions

Back