What looks better?

3of11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which photo looks better? I am specifically referring to the black background. I don't know which one to put on my website. Thanks so much!

Summer1.jpg

Summer2.jpg

i like the first one better.

IMO, the wrinkles are a little distracting.

pretty lady!!

Thanks everyone. :)

I just wanted to add that I fixed her arm in the first one where it looks blue.

i like the first but you have a couple of blotches in the background still, and a bright line at the top between her pony tail and the background. shouldn't be a hard fix. beautiful shot, i like her laughing, so many maternity shots look posed but this is nice and natural.

Ugh...

Use the majic wand to do a selection. Hate to say it, but your paint brush will never do as good as job =)

Select the girl and chair, then go selection- inverse, then raise the black levels till the background fades out.

You might want to select the chain instead and brighten that up so she doesn't look like she has a maine (sp?)

I'd show an example but I'm at work without PS.

i like the first but you have a couple of blotches in the background still, and a bright line at the top between her pony tail and the background. shouldn't be a hard fix. beautiful shot, i like her laughing, so many maternity shots look posed but this is nice and natural.

The bright line behind her hair is actually the rocking chair she is sitting on. I debated on taking it out or not for that reason. You think I should? I also noticed in the first shot that there is shading on the edge of her shirt. I fixed that as well.

My next step is to try raising the black levels like Shibby suggested. Thanks everyone for your comments. They are greatly appreciated.

I like the smile a tad better in number 2, but the background is annoying. I keep thinking the chair is part of her hair.

number two smile is nice. it's pretty easy to fix your background and darken the chair. once that is done i think it's a better shot. once you darken the background you may want to bring down some of the highlights on her shirt as well.

I like the 2nd smile better, but prefer the first shot.

The 2nd smile looks more natural.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back