what lowcost wideangle recommend me between tokina sigma and tamron ?

marmagi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Nikon D7000 camera and I use it with nikon AF-S DX lenses

I would like to buy a:

Tokina AF AT-X 107 DX 10 mm - 17 mm F/3.5-4.5
Tamron SP AF 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II LD
Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM

which one you recommend me most? are they fully compatible with Nikon D7000 ? autofocus and rest of camera functions will work ?

which lens you recommend me most? any other wideangle lens on the market you recommend me? not so expensive please

thanks

Mario

You might also look at the Sigma 10-20mm.

Any of those lenses can be bought with a Nikon mount and they will work perfectly with your camera.

I want a wide lens for myD7000 too. I'll probably hold out for the Tokina 11-16 but it is $700. That's why I don't have it yet.

Guitar Guy has a Sigma 10-20 for $375 in the marketplace section of this forum. It is a few pages back.

Let us know what you finally get. Have Fun, Mick

I have the Tamron 10-24 and it works ok. Some softness around the edges and CA at f/22ish. It performs fairly well at f/8. If you want to see what sort of images it puts out with a D7000, its what I usually shoot with: Flickr: M-Kuhns' Photostream

I want a wide lens for myD7000 too. I'll probably hold out for the Tokina 11-16 but it is $700. That's why I don't have it yet.

Guitar Guy has a Sigma 10-20 for $375 in the marketplace section of this forum. It is a few pages back.

Let us know what you finally get. Have Fun, Mick

You're going to enjoy that one.

I have a 10-20 that I'm trying to get rid of... It's on sale if u want it :p but the reason I want to get rid of mine is for the tokina because it is a lot faster. You could wait and save up some money for that if u want to go farther in terms of UWA lenses. Other than the speed, go for the sigma it has great reviews.

Hello,

I have a Nikon D7000 camera and I use it with nikon AF-S DX lenses

I would like to buy a:

Tokina AF AT-X 107 DX 10 mm - 17 mm F/3.5-4.5
Tamron SP AF 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II LD
Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM

which one you recommend me most? are they fully compatible with Nikon D7000 ? autofocus and rest of camera functions will work ?

which lens you recommend me most? any other wideangle lens on the market you recommend me? not so expensive please

thanks

Mario

The Tokina 10-17mm is a fisheye. Don't forget that.

Save up and go for the Tokina 11-16/2.8. It's arguably the best on the market in terms of IQ and distortion. CA is a tad bit of a problem, however. Any of the lenses will work with your camera, though. And, like Mike said, the Sigma 10-20 is a great lens. Just watch out for the terrible distortion on the F/4-5.6 version. I don't know if it's present in the F/3.5 version, but I would guess it is..

Mark

i have the tokina 12-24 F4 and i love it

andrewleephoto said:
I have a 10-20 that I'm trying to get rid of... It's on sale if u want it :p but the reason I want to get rid of mine is for the tokina because it is a lot faster. You could wait and save up some money for that if u want to go farther in terms of UWA lenses. Other than the speed, go for the sigma it has great reviews.

AL, I forgot about your marketplace post. I wasn't showing favor, I've just been watching the other one for several weeks.

Mick

This lens is on my camera most of the time. It is about $400 ($300 less than the 11-16mm) so if you are looking for a bargain and don't need the 2.8, then it is a fun lens.

This lens is on my camera most of the time. It is about $400 ($300 less than the 11-16mm) so if you are looking for a bargain and don't need the 2.8, then it is a fun lens.

I wish I would have bought that lens when it was $400. Now it is $600.

this is the version II of the lens, that has the focus motor in it.

Tokina 12-24mm f/4 AT-X 124 AF Pro DX Lens ATXAF124DXN B&H Photo

but its temporary unavailable. i think they have discontinued it. too bad because it was a hell of a good lens for the money.

this is the version II of the lens, that has the focus motor in it.

Tokina 12-24mm f/4 AT-X 124 AF Pro DX Lens ATXAF124DXN B&H Photo

but its temporary unavailable. i think they have discontinued it. too bad because it was a hell of a good lens for the money.

OK, I see. I thought there was a $400 one. I was considering it before but got distracted. Yea, that would be a good deal.

From everything i have researched and read, the Tokina 11-16mm is the one to have. I'd save up for that one.

Most reactions

Back