What's new

What makes your city famous?

OK, here's mine. This is all I could come up with...

Largest employer in the county.




That's pretty much all there is here... That, and a bunch of farms.
"Downtown" is only a few blocks, and the tallest building in the town is the hospital...

I didn't really feel like driving anywhere, and if I did all I would come home with would be a picture of an empty field...

I could get some VERY cool pictures out at the airport, but cameras are forbidden...

There are only 2 reasons people come here: Work, or they live in an even smaller neighboring town and we have the closest grocery store.

I'm going to take a wild guess, and say Greenville, TX? :-P
 
Well we are really NOT part of any town, but stuck in the middle of the sticks...

This is our most famous landmark which came down this fall....:(

2780284969_222a6fe494.jpg
 
well that's incredibly sad that it came down. Looks beautiful!
Keep posting everybody.
 
giant lantern festival i guess

DSC-0756.JPG


theres also the holy week where some locals portray jesus christ
(yeah.. some get nailed on a cross ... and no. i dont have pics :( )


san fernando city, pampanga, philippines
 
I will play along. A shot of mine from a while ago. Not really the most famous thing but Washington D.C. has an unfair advantage. I just really enjoy this shot.

4152217716_ec8c69c7a9_b.jpg
 
I live in a small town in Georgia. We are pretty much only known as a "Whistle stop" town. We are growing very fast due to our proximity to Atlanta and are becoming a true suburb, but were holding on to our small town feel as long as we can.


I took this one today. I think it came out OK. Y'all let me know what you think.
 
I have posted this in another thread, but here is what is best known in my town. It is an old railroad bridge crossing the river. It is a turn style bridge. The bridge turns on the concrete pillar to let ships pass.

Bridgeselectivecolor.jpg
 
I will play along. A shot of mine from a while ago. Not really the most famous thing but Washington D.C. has an unfair advantage. I just really enjoy this shot.

4152217716_ec8c69c7a9_b.jpg

I really like this shot for some reason. I think it's because the most important part of the image sticks out very well, and everything else is just sort of dreamlike.

I need to go take a picture of a pint of beer or a hipster or something :)
 
Nothing. :(

Well, we had James Brown but he died before I got to meet him so, no photo.

This place is the pits and I'll be glad when I leave in a few months. :lol:
 
I live in a small town in Georgia. We are pretty much only known as a "Whistle stop" town. We are growing very fast due to our proximity to Atlanta and are becoming a true suburb, but were holding on to our small town feel as long as we can.


I took this one today. I think it came out OK. Y'all let me know what you think.

very cool. i live just down the street in Woodstock.
nice shot too.
 
I'm going to take a wild guess, and say Greenville, TX? :-P

LOL, yeah.

I just looked Greenville up in Wikipedia and apparently it's internationally know for saddle making, but I don't remember ever seeing any saddle shops here... The small towns surrounding Greenville have a lot of them though.
 
a 2-fer.... both of Washington's best-known landmarks - the Space Needle ad Mt. Rainier - in one shot... ;)

IMG_8429a.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom