what metering mood to use

cajunboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
not really sure what metering mood to use. i kind of like spot metering. i have a canon D 40.

Well for dark and gloomy I set my mood to dark and gloomy.
When shooting black and white 60s movie style scenes I set my mood to dramatic.

But regardless of what mood I use it really doesn't matter what mode my camera is in ;)

Pick the one that makes your camera do what you want it to. I turn off matrix (evaluative on your canon) metering in some situations where it gets confused, and often revert back to centreweighted averaging which is a mode I know well.

not really sure what metering mood to use. i kind of like spot metering. i have a canon D 40.

Thats a tough question to answer. I use center weighted most often. It really deppends on the lighting conditions at what you are looking at, at that moment. There is a no right or wrong answer for your question.

This site is a little technical but may give you a better idea.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/camera-metering.htm

Whatever depeche mode you go with, don't forget the AE Lock* button, the middle of the three upper right 'thumb' position buttons... should play well with spot and center weighted average, etc. :confused:

I always spot meter and then use AE Lock. There's always a part of the image that I feel I want to expose for. Although having said that I almost always shoot manual anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back