what next ??

th3_man89

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i am thinking of buying one of these things to be added to my gear list, a flashgun, a tripod or a micro lens. i own a D40 with 18-55 and a 55-200VR. what do you guys think???

Sounds to me like you have no idea what you need/want next. My recommendation is to just keep shooting, then figure out what you are lacking that way. I struggled for a long time trying to figure out what I wanted next (I happen to have the same setup as you) and I have narrowed my annoyances down to two major things. 1) I want longer battery life and 2) I HATE the look of on camera flash. So for me, my next purchases are going to be a Nikon speedlight and a battery grip.

i was thinking more on flashgun too since i think it will really help me in many conditions. well as for my tripod, it is kind of half dead. it still works though. but i don't know how long will it last. I used it not more than 3 times yet.

A flash will give you a lot of additional opportunities to improve snapshot pictures to better controlled more proffessional look. But you need to get a decent one with good features. I don't necessairly mean an expensive one. But one that can be used off camers, tilt, maybe swivel. Also one that you can manualy adjust. There are off brand flashes with these qualities and will not break the bank like the Nikon and Canon top models do. A cheap one will not be much of an improvement over the onboard flash. And just be wasting money. Nikon SB-600 is about $180, not sure about other off brand ones.

A good sturdy tripod is a must for pictures that need slow shutter, or dark scenes.

as my camera can't act as a commander, I am thinking of flashgun which can be one such as sb-800. are there any other brand with such feature?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back