what people like still I find amusing....

Pallycow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It appears I get to be published again. Yay me. lol. A person I know, only as a customer through work, hit me up for two of my photos to be used in a Bangor yearly publication, to be placed at various locations, usually welcome centers and that sort. The photos she picked were, well...not what I would pick. Naturally. lol. One is of sledders recently shot, which I like the photo...just 'cause it's kinda cool showing kids having fun, but nothing special. The second, I honestly was going to toss out, the whole series, as I didn't like it. It was atop a cliff, named lovers leap, I shot on thanksgiving while I was out shooting. Neat viewpoint, but to me not very pretty or scenic.

She initially hit me up for a cover page which they needed badly. However, I have not shot Bangor much this summer. lol, so I had nothing to give. I gave them a link to my flickr and facebook and said "find something you like, let me know and I'll shoot the HQ file over". I didn't expect much from it as all of my Bangor shots are snowy shots recently, I was doing other things in the summer. So, sadly I didn't make the cover, that would have been cool as they print about 400,000 of these things to distribute.

This link is to the online version of last years publication. At the bottom is the cover and when you click it it shows it large and the pages inside. Dunno when this years will be ready but should be soon.

Bangor CVB

Here are the two images they are going to use of mine. No, no money involved. Just being published and bragging rights. :) They are going to seek me out for future shots for next years mag, for specific shots they'd like to have, so that's cool. Maybe I can get some money then.

Once published and avail online, I'll revisit and put up a link to it, you know...as part of bragging rights. lolz.

Just goes to show that people like odd things, I would have never thought these two images worthy of print, I sure didn't print them for myself. lol.

8365888817_f41a72a6de_c.jpg

8365896505_c90d2edc74_c.jpg

The second I can see being of interest, except the light looks kind of weird! Either way, congrats! I want to be published some day!

Yeah, shadow cast from hills to the left, so only parts of it was lit up, kinda what caught my eye at first, but that and the haze that was going on...didn't really like it. wrong time of day. I think it was one of those times where just the experience being up there looking down and shooting was more enjoyable than the actual photo results.

lol, well the mag is out, and it turns out they only used one. Not one of those above. lol. It's the same kid snowboarding, but from a different angle...and it's sooo tiny. like 2 inches square...mabye.

lol. life's fun.

Woo!

I know where the second photo in the OP was shot am I famous?

lol, you're always famous you famous guy you.

Most reactions

Back