What price progress ? Redee'scovered dee'gital dee'light ...

deeslexia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This mac died a few weeks ago , I anticipated it to be terminal , but my son in law rebooted it .

In the dusty and cold midsts of a house extension , which I need to record , I was faced with being unable to download from the recent Sony A35 / A290 so to stretch my SDC card capacity , I reverted to my largely redundant used , Leica Digilux 3 / Panasonic L1 bodies offering a mere 7.5 mp with a pair of e-bay cheap , Olympus 14-42 / 40-150 lenses , because that great Leica zoom was just too heavy and bulky , and died through sand in the helical [ Ouch ]

i had become a touch frustrated with the small finder , 3 point focus and and sometimes unexpected metering .
However , having adopted manual metering and focusing , they were simply a joy to revisit , and for most purposes , 7.5 mp is quite adequate with none of the blocking in which my old Canon G2 would show .
With their analogue shape and controls , [ which is why I loved 1st time around ], intuitive simplified menu lacking the bells and whistles of later DSLRs , they seem to demand more consideration of framing , so that cropping becomes something to be avoided .

I love the look , I love the feel , and they will receive a lot more respect in the future !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back