What size len should i use?

Like Big Mike said, you have the range from 18 to 300 mm to play with. Use those two lenses for now and find out what focal lengths you like. You can always read the Exif data from your images to look back at what focal lengths you use the most. Then you can consider getting some better lenses in that range.

No one in here can tell you what to get, you have to make your own decisions based on your use, and for now you have two great lenses to develop your own style.

one. i sold the other, i hated it. i hated being SO far from the subject.
i was just asking other more experienced for advice since i dont get lens, i dont understand the mm and distance and yata yata.

You might want to take a look at you 18-70mm to see if it's ok. It should be plenty sharp enough for anything but diagnosing skin diseases.

Most people really don't want their pores, moles and/or other blemishes to show on a portrait anyway. There are even portrait filters to soften the lens.

BTW, unless I'm greatly mistaken )happens a lot- but anyway( your camera has a Crop factor of 1.5 which would put the normal focal length for your camera at 34.666...7mm. So 34.66 (call it 35mm so I don't have to go get a calculator) times two equals 70mm.

i like the eyes to have detail, and not soft. soften tools can get rid of "pores" and "blemishes" but no matter how much you sharpen, you'll never get it to be the way you want.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back