What software do I need to create a slideshow?

LuckySe7en

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My cousin asked me to create a slideshow with his photos. This is going to be displayed at a graduation party coming up so I'll have a lot of people watching this, I want to do it right.

Basically he's handing me an envelope of pictures and I'm going to scan them in, crop and make slight edit adjustments and create a slideshow out of them. Is there any specific software I need to get or will powerpoint work fine? I've never created a slideshow before so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

PowerPoint.

Powerpoint should work fine. I'd suggest keeping the images to a smaller file size, or at least run the optimization at some point, so that you don't bog down the slideshow with large image files.

Of course, there are many different options. Powerpoint isn't really the most friendly program for photo slideshows. I don't know much about Mac software, but I'm sure iPhoto can create a decent slideshow. Picasa could probably give you something as well.

The software I use for slideshows, is called ProShow Gold. It makes it quite easy to manage your slides, set the timings and transitions, sync to music etc.

One thing that usually makes for a nice slideshow is the use of the 'Ken Burns Effect'. That is where you zoom into and pan across still images. It makes it feel more like a video than a slideshow. I've done this with Powerpoint (an older version) and it was possible but it was a PITA. It's much easier with software like ProShow. I'm sure there are others as well, that can make it easy.

..............One thing that usually makes for a nice slideshow is the use of the 'Ken Burns Effect'. That is where you zoom into and pan across still images. It makes it feel more like a video than a slideshow..........

PhotoStory can do that.

are the softwares mentioned able to publish to video file for youtube? can burn to disk? readable/viewable with out software installed?

are the softwares mentioned able to publish to video file for youtube? can burn to disk? readable/viewable with out software installed?

this is very important. I would like to know this as well since they are going to play this on a laptop and then give copies to family.

You need PowerPoint to view any PP slide show, but PhotoStory creates a .wmv file.

pretty easy to use LR3. I have no doubt you will figure it out. But it will just space the photos equally according to the length of the song. If you want more control with the timing and sound mixing, buy adobe premiere element.

Check out my slideshow please. Judge by the pics please rate good or bad and if you have any critiquing, i would apreciate it.
heres the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8om1b43P7P4

I use Lightroom. Easy product to use.
Your slideshow looks great. Like the feret at 1:32 haha.

Most reactions

Back