What software?

Designer

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife has purchased a small laptop running Windows 10. She has years of old photographs that she has begun scanning, and needs a file organizing software that works well with photographs, and offers some light editing, as well as the ability to burn to DVD.

Any suggestions?

Lightroom is perfect right up until the whole 'burn to DVD' requirement. I can't think of one program that will give you all of that.

Lightroom is perfect right up until the whole 'burn to DVD' requirement. I can't think of one program that will give you all of that.
Thank you!

Then I should look for a utility that will burn the DVDs? Maybe Windows 10 has that, I'll check.

I stand corrected... LIghtroom CAN export to CD/DVD... I did not know that. Learn something new every day! :D

I stand corrected... LIghtroom CAN export to CD/DVD... I did not know that. Learn something new every day! :D
Hey, that's great! Thank you so much!

BTW: I can (apparently) get LR 5 or LR 6 new in the box for $150. Does anyone know for sure if they can run on Windows 10?

I have sent messages to the sellers asking that question, but I haven't contacted Adobe yet.

Wife thinks she wants the entire CS, and she says her work bought that package recently, although I thought it was available ONLY as an annual subscription.

?

Incidentally, while looking for burn software, I found many free ones, even though I did not see one in the list of Windows 10 utilities.

Win 10's burning utility can be found by right-clicking on a file(s) under "Send to". I'm sure there are other ways, but that's how I get to it.

Lr 6 does work on Windows 10. However parts are starting to fail and stop work. E
G. The map module no longer works (Google changed API).

An open source so solution to organize and edit I would suggest darktable. If just organize, Digikam is easier.

Tim

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back