What's new

What speed SD card?

Vegasvec

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 20, 2010
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas, NV
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just purchased a Nikon D5000 and it came with a 4GB card. But I wanted to get a bigger SD card, or more of them. What speeds should I be considering? I will be shooting in high quality JPEG most of the time, but I will also be using the 720p video capability.

Also, I want to be able to shoot multiple pictures in a row, without any pause (or minimal pause).

Give those facts, what speed card should I be looking at? And are the generic cards just as good as the name brands?

Thanks!
 
I would recommend at least class 4, if not class 6. I would also recommend that you stick to name brand cards. The generic cards might appear to be the same at first, but I'd be willing to bet that at any given class, their speeds might not really be up to par. More importantly, they're usually not as reliable and may give out or become corrupted sooner/easier. You never want to lose 4GB of pictures or video.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom