What The Freak is this? help please :)

UUilliam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry for the discolouration... the Yellow background is actually white, didn't have time to set my WB (i use custom WB)
so took a quick snap of this, found in my house (scotland)
It has little spikey bumps on its back, at first i thought it was a moth till i saw the spikes and its strange colour (although maybe a fancy moth?)
Its underbelly was Really bright Green
wasn't gunna try touching it as green + red = usually poisonus so not risking it... it wasn't as fragile as a moth though (i put Toilet paper ove it the "squashed" it with my fingers, enough to kill a moth yet it still lived and was quite hard, as though it had bones inside... i ended up flushing it down the toilet, the colour is pretty much as shown in the image although the Greens were much greener and the red was much more... red

img0004mqp.jpg

img0006pja.jpg

img0007sjt.jpg

img0008n.jpg

after flushing it i felt sad... maybe it is a rare creature?
or maybe it is just an everyday house moth with distinct colouring in which case its parents should be happy :) lol

the image is a 100% crop with sharpening.

i was going to but went up to show my mum it cause it really did look beautiful, the colours were amazing, she hit my hand and it flew onto my curtain i was like WTF!!! NO WAY! so flushed it.

atleast its good to know i never threw away an endangered species :)
however, it never released any bad smells... maybe i never gave it time too?
or maybe it trusted me to let it go :(

http://entomology.ifas.ufl.edu/foltz/eny3005/lab1/hemiptera/Pentatomid_wh2.jpg is a better picture, thats almost exactly what it looked like :)

Last edited:
Yup, they smell terrible when squished. I made the mistake of doing that on a school bus when I was in middle school. I was definitely not the cool kid on the bus...:er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back