What the %*^@ i got duped?!?

Trevor Weaver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm searching on ebay, and I see a listing for a kiron 28-85mm f2.8 lens for $50, it was listed under nikon lenses, so I bought it because $50 was a steal for a good zoom lens. I get the lens a few days later, only to find out that it isn't a nikon lens... I contact the seller, and he says I'd probably be better of reselling it than returning it because he got quite a few inquiries about the lens after it sold.

Should I sell the lens, or should I just open a dispute with paypal if the seller doesn't want to take it back? Could I get more than $50 for it? I don't even know what mount it is...

The way I look at it, I'm going to lose about $20 on shipping costs (this is a lot for me, I'm a broke high school student) but I don't want to take a gamble and it ends up not being able to sell the lens...

My question really is would I even be able to sell this thing?

EDIT: I cant change the title of the thread. If a mod would please do this for me, it would be much appreciated.

I'd dispute it through paypal but you probably won't have a case since he said it was a Kiron. But you can state your case and see what happens.

You don't have to use the "F-ing" thing even though you don't spell it out, I get enough of that language at work. Be mature even if you are a High School student.;)

Good luck.

What are the forum rules on censor bypass?

what the heck lens is it? did you try it out? or is it not even a nikon mount... unfortunately with lenses you get what you pay for

This lens here: http://www.cdegroot.com/cgi-bin/photowiki/Kiron_28-85/2.8-3.8_Zoom I bought it on ebay, so no I didn't get to try it out first. It's not a bad lens, and it gets great reviews.

I'd dispute it through paypal but you probably won't have a case since he said it was a Kiron. But you can state your case and see what happens.

You don't have to use the "F-ing" thing even though you don't spell it out, I get enough of that language at work. Be mature even if you are a High School student.;)

Good luck.
If my language bothers you then I'll edit it. I did a google search, and kiron does indeed make f-mount lenses. I'd hate to have to do the dispute thing because I'd have to wait 15+ days before I can even start a dispute. however because the lens was not as described I could probably win the dispute.

Did it say that it was for a nikon, or that it had a nikon mount? Or was it just listed under nikon?

Yes, it said it was Nikon mount lens. It was listed under Nikon. It's not a Nikon though.

I'd do some quick research to see if I could figure out what mount it actually is. Then do a search of completed listings for that exact lens on ebay to see what they usually sell for. If it's less than $100 I'd tell the seller you're filing a claim unless he refunds your money. That's MY opinion.

I'd do some quick research to see if I could figure out what mount it actually is. Then do a search of completed listings for that exact lens on ebay to see what they usually sell for. If it's less than $100 I'd tell the seller you're filing a claim unless he refunds your money. That's MY opinion.

Thats my problem, I have no idea of what lens mount it is, I've only used f mount lenses, and the only thing I know is that this isn't f mount...

Is there a website with pictures of the lens mounts?

I could take a picture, but my only digital camera is on my cellphone. :grumpy:

Thats my problem, I have no idea of what lens mount it is, I've only used f mount lenses, and the only thing I know is that this isn't f mount...

Is there a website with pictures of the lens mounts?

I could take a picture, but my only digital camera is on my cellphone. :grumpy:

EDIT: I think its Olympus OM mount.

What are the forum rules on censor bypass?
The rules here are the same as elsewhere in modern society - people are expected to express themselves respectfully, and like grown ups. It doesn't always work, and an occasional slip (esp. from someone who is mad or sad) can be forgiven.

If he had quite a few inquires about it it seems he'd take it back and want to resell it himself. If it said nikon mount, you have a case. You'd win. He doesnt want strikes aginst him on ebay. Take it to a camera store, find out what it mounts to and get them to verify it isnt nikon in writing. Send a copy to him, ebay and paypal. Or Make him think these are the steps you'll take and twist an arm to get your $ back...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back