What to buy??

photoguy912

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I recently got a Digital rebel xti... and am searching for what probally doesnt exist...... i want a nice telephoto zoom lens at an affordable price. I would love to get a cannon L-series.. but im not really interested in the price. I have read reviews on both the tamron and quantaray 75-300mm lenses.. and they sound ok for the money.

Does anyone have any information on this, and/or could anyone direct me to as site that has good information on lens reviews??

Thanks.

a few places for user reviews

amazon.com

adorama.com

bhphotovideo.com (i think they have reviews there)

good places for used lenses and or equipment:

keh.com
bhphotovideo.com

good luck

I had the same quandary about lenses and, incidentally, have the same camera. IN the end I went with the Sigma 70-300mm apo Macro. It was the cheapest I could get in this range (well, Tamron has one similar and Canon has its 70-300 too, but Canon's was garbage as far as I could tell and Tamron...well, Sigma just came across as better in the reviews I read) and does everything I want it to do...I think it cost me $235 Canadian (before our dollar was on par) after shipping!

I am very keen on Macro, though, so maybe this is why I like this lens. It IS slow, but seems sharp and gets good results for me.

GOod luck!

Most reactions

Back