what to do.

papatooth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
anyone heard of this company Hartford Fine Art. this is what the guy told me about selling art, kind of vague.

Hi name here,

"You can send me jpegs via email, or a disk of imagery with sizes and prices.
I work with many photographers and am always looking for some new imagery."

i would like to sell some pictures but have no clue as to what i should ask for or what to ask about. what is he asking me?

what is he asking me?

He want's you to send him pictures so that he can sell them. I assume that he will give you some of the money...

Sounds like he want's you to send a price list too.

Find out what his take is.

anyone heard of this company Hartford Fine Art. this is what the guy told me about selling art, kind of vague.

Hi name here,

"You can send me jpegs via email, or a disk of imagery with sizes and prices.
I work with many photographers and am always looking for some new imagery."

i would like to sell some pictures but have no clue as to what i should ask for or what to ask about. what is he asking me?
I'd be getting a bit more info before I start sending images.

Will he be selling prints or digital files for you?

I wouldn't send hima thing until he signed a contract with you. Make sure you keep all rights to the photos. Maybe agree to sell him a license where he pays you said amount of dollars per photo, you keep rights but he can resell images. If you do this, I would charge him a good amount per photo.

i know what i would want per photo but i wonder what the average pay out is on this kind of stuff. this company sells its work to corporations.

So, digital files it is. Or is it art work to hang in a lobby or office?

Commercial fees are usually based on usage and limited to a specified period of time, not a flat one time charge.

Actually, you can find out what the industry average charge would be by using software like fotoQuote Pro and frequenting web sites like www.asmp.org .

thanks Keith! its work that lines hallways and offices.

yes Keith that is the company. they sell to my work. my company buys mostly art not photos but i figured worth to ask about.

Most reactions

Back