tom beard
TPF Noob!
- Joined
- Mar 2, 2009
- Messages
- 175
- Reaction score
- 5
- Location
- So. Cal mountains east of LA
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I'm still learning my D-90, am shooting in jpeg, my computer screen isn't calibrated and I don't have post yet. I'm shooting mostly still subjects and shooting multiple frames of the same shot. Tweaking exposure a little to each side. Then trying three frames in vivid, then three with a polarizer. That's 15 frames per shot. I down load them all and maybe two look okay. Should I save them all until I get post and learn how to use it, or junk all but the two or three that look okay? My eye is getting better (more critical) as I go along, but there is so much to learn and I wonder if I'm making a mistake by junking a frame with good composition but marginal exposure values. Some savers look great, but the histograms are a mess. What is your experience when you were a total noob? I'd kill for just one worthy of posting. So many opportunities...So little time.
Thanks as always, Tom Beard
Thanks as always, Tom Beard