What to upgrade?

theSpirea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys,

I managed to save up some money and Im thinking about upgrading my gear. I have Canon EOS Rebel T5 with kit lenses:

EF-S 18-55mm IS II and EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III

What I'm interested in, when it comes to taking photos of, landscape, street and occasionally portraits. Mainly to be able take photo like this:
ZAPOMENUTÉ PŘÍBĚHY ČESKÝCH HOR - 6.DÍL - OPEVNĚNÍ ORLICKÝCH HOR

My budget is 800 - 1200 (less is better )

Thank you for all the tips.

Last edited:
Greetings!

We are not allowed to post photos for which we do not have the publishing rights. You can post a link to it if it is posted on some other website.

This shot is a lot of territory all in reasonable focus. Looks like a wide-angle lens. For that much depth of field, the aperture was probably stopped down to a small aperture (f/11 or smaller). The moving bicycles mean a fairly fast shutter (1/250 second). Small aperture and fast shutter means high ISO.

My guess.

Hey guys,

I managed to save up some money and Im thinking about upgrading my gear. I have Canon EOS Rebel T5 with kit lenses:

EF-S 18-55mm IS II and EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III

What I'm interested in, when it comes to taking photos of, landscape, street and occasionally portraits. Mainly to be able take photo like this:

TS560x560

My budget is 800 - 1200 (less is better )

Thank you for all the tips.

You can do that with what you have. Use the kit lens at 18 with a tripod and settings similar to what @Designer mentioned.

Yes, actually we can edit our own posts.

Deleting a photo is a bit tricky because you kind of have to hit the "delete" in two different places. It takes a bit of practice.

Ah, got it, I was looking in Thread Tools and if it wasn't there I thought the options is simply not available, then I found it in the left bottom corner :)
Thanks for info.

Do you have any tips as what to spend money on? New lens, body?

This looks good:
CA175528IS | B&H Photo Video

Or this if you want a bit more range though it's not quite as sharp or as fast:
Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Lens for Canon 884101 B&H

Or this if you fancy and ultrawide:
Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Lens 9518A002 B&H Photo VideoCanon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Lens 9518A002 B&H Photo VideoCanon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Lens 9518A002 B&H Photo Video

A nice sharp lens will see a more imediate improvement than a new body. Buy glass first

Most reactions

New Topics

Back