What tripod do you use and what cost was it?

I really like hearing what everyones buying here. I guess you just have to pay for quality if you want quality. I'll have to start saving up ;-)

I'll probably buy from the camera store, since there are demo units in which you can test them out for stability.

It´s definitely worth getting a good one.
$200 or so is not too much to pay...consider what you paid for a decent camera!

Manfrotto...190 or 290 is good (I have the 290). A ball-head is handy, but for panoramas you probably want a 3-way head.

I also have a Benbo...these things are kinda weird, but HUGE and really sturdy: I can stand on mine a metre above the ground and still have the camera above eye level!

I used to use a Walmart tripod for a long time but switched to a Benro C-227n6 carbon fiber tripod and a Benro KS-1 ball head at the beginning of the year (about $300 via eBay). I still can't believe how often I use a tripod now and how much more fun it is.

Currently on a lighter Giottos (aluminium) tripod for travel. With a Manfrotto ballhead. both together around 170 EUR ... so 2XX USD.

For really lengthy exposures with some wind you need to put some extra weight on the middle column though (like a camera bag).

Oh, and a Manfrotto monopod for the telephoto lens.

* Bogen/Manfrotto 3021S + Monopod center column 3259 + Giottos M100 ball head - total cost I think was $220.
* Bogen/Manfrotto 3001 Full size with 3 way pan head. = $35 at a camera swap
* Culmann Magic 2 for lighter stuff = $110

I have
Manfrotto 055MF3 legs
and
Manfrotto 468MGRC2 head
I'm ashamed to admit just how much I spent on that setup. But I don't regret a penny spent on it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back