What Tripod! Help!

Narodenia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello, I decided to just dish out the cash and get a tripod thats worth it. I am looking for a tripod that costs up to 220 dollars and I will be buying it off amazon, so that means it needs to be sold on amazon. I have a coupon I can use there.
I would like to get the best tripod for my price range, and it needs to come with the head. Thank you!

Good luck with that one! there are like a billion tripods out there! (ok, maybe not quite that many, but it seems like it). I've been looking too and have read up on some of the posts here. Generally stick with the brands recommended here; SLIK, Manfrotto, etc.

As for the head type, the ball head seems to be quite popular and probably what I'm going with. I'm looking in a bit lower price range though ($125-$150).

Seriously though, do a search on tripod threads here and/or google search reviews.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I never heard of the brand--- doesn't mean it's not good though. It looks like a decent tripod for the money.

I'm sure it's a great tripod-- but OP do yourself a favor and make sure you get the quick release legs... I had one with the screw type legs and it got to be a huge pain!

I am in the market for a tripod as well and have been wondering about this very topic. Quick release vs screw tighten?

I'm sure it's a great tripod-- but OP do yourself a favor and make sure you get the quick release legs... I had one with the screw type legs and it got to be a huge pain!

I am in the market for a tripod as well and have been wondering about this very topic. Quick release vs screw tighten?

Quick release plate is exactly what it says it is. The plate screws into your camera's bottom. Then you snap that plate into the tripod head. You can leave the plate on your camera for quick and easy removal. The screw on head is a pain because everytime you want to take your camera off of the tripod you must twist and unscrew your camera.

Oops. Misread that. Quick release legs are a snap and lock mechanism. Open the snaps until you have your desired length. Then just snap them back down to hold their desired length. Screw locks are a pain because you have to unscrew then screw back up.

Quick release legs are great and ideal for someone who always doesn't have a lot of time to set up a shot using a tripod.

I had an old quick release that fell apart, most likely because it was cheap. Probably not a problem with the better grade tripods so I will go that route, I know the screw type fittings can be a pain in other application that I have encountered them.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back