What was this piece of lighting equipment?

Leftyplayer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was observing a shoot recently and one of the guys had a light source that was very unusual. It was almost like a small ball/ dome (not more than 5 inches (and I think smaller). It was so compact that he had it set up on a tabletop tripod and had a remote trigger set up for it. He said when he's doing quick shoots and needs portability with his off-camera lighting, he carries that around, places it near the subject and shoots. According to him, the set up was only around $30 to boot. Mind you, this is not high-end type equipment ... it's a basic, highly portable kind of thing. For the life of me, though, I can't remember what it was called and I can't seem to find it through random searches ... since I obviously don't have a great descriptor.

But I thought someone here could play "guess that equipment" with the tiny bit of lame information that I have :lol: Any ideas?

No, it wasn't a diffuser. The thing was actually the light itself.

p.s. though the lightsphere seems neat. I've got it on my list, but got the snoot first and it's pretty cool : )

More guesses?

I was observing a shoot recently and one of the guys had a light source that was very unusual. It was almost like a small ball/ dome (not more than 5 inches (and I think smaller). It was so compact that he had it set up on a tabletop tripod and had a remote trigger set up for it. He said when he's doing quick shoots and needs portability with his off-camera lighting, he carries that around, places it near the subject and shoots. According to him, the set up was only around $30 to boot. Mind you, this is not high-end type equipment ... it's a basic, highly portable kind of thing. For the life of me, though, I can't remember what it was called and I can't seem to find it through random searches ... since I obviously don't have a great descriptor.

But I thought someone here could play "guess that equipment" with the tiny bit of lame information that I have :lol: Any ideas?

Constant or flash?

gsgary - from the description and images, the globe looks like a diffuser that is placed over the lightsource (flashgun) to diffuse the light. This thing WAS the light.

how was he triggering it?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back