What was your First Canon Camera?

5dmkIII. Started off DSLR with Nikon stuff. D90 & D700 later on made a decision to jump to Canon. Totally fall in love with Canon now. Never look back

Canon Rebel T3 (new) last summer. Just bought a "pre-loved" 5D Mark II a few months back. Absolutely loving the full frame!

My first camera was a 35 mm Canon Rebel. I learned a lot with that camera.

This one. Read the label people when you buy one. Never wash in hot water.

View attachment 70997

I'm calling BS on this. :irked: Everyone knows washing in hot water only makes the colors bleed but it doesn't shrink the product. It's the dryer that causes this problem. Clearly you put this in the dryer on high heat!

:mrgreen:

Oh and... first Canon camera... this one. It's an AE-1 (before they introduced the "Program" version).

I can't remember if I got this in 1978 or 1979... definitely one of those two years. Incidentally... it still works fine.

$VO3A2448.jpg

This one. Read the label people when you buy one. Never wash in hot water.

View attachment 70997

I'm calling BS on this. :irked: Everyone knows washing in hot water only makes the colors bleed but it doesn't shrink the product. It's the dryer that causes this problem. Clearly you put this in the dryer on high heat!

:mrgreen:

Oh you young city kids. Back before pre washed jeans and before most people had driers folks had clothes lines. When ever you bought new levis you always bought them one size too big, washed them in hot, I mean HOT water then hung them out on the line to dry. The gals would actually put them on wet and let them dry on them so they shrunk to the exact shape of their bodies.

Washing in Hot water makes em shrink. Hot dryer helps em shrink faster. :lol:

Canon 700D less then a year ago hahaha :D
Wow, I can't compete with dates well before my birth :)

It's interesting to see that cameras abought a loong time ago worked for decades and nowadays... Even with careful use I can't see myself using my 700D in 8 years.

Canon TL and a Canon QL... One of them was and ftb... Can't remember which though. I think they're hanging around somewhere... Probably with some HP5 still rolled up inside 🙈

Canon TL and a Canon QL... One of them was and ftb... Can't remember which though. I think they're hanging around somewhere... Probably with some HP5 still rolled up inside [emoji85]

NOOO! Go shoot it and develop that film!! :) and then buy more!

Canon 700D less then a year ago hahaha :D
Wow, I can't compete with dates well before my birth :)

It's interesting to see that cameras abought a loong time ago worked for decades and nowadays... Even with careful use I can't see myself using my 700D in 8 years.

Bought my 5DmkII when it first came out, still using it, I don't think that I will upgrade before I got 8 years... I think if you buy high end, there's not that much need, even with digital, to upgrade all the time, the whole pixel race is over...

I just discovered that my Canon AE-1 I got when I was 12 was not my first, it was in fact my fisher price kodak 110 camera haha got when I was probably 8!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back