What would be a good upgrade for my 1000d?

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If I were to upgrade, which I'm not saying I will, from my Rebel XS, what would be a good one to go to? I have invested in */EOS adapters so I can fit my various lenses. I can go Nikon as well...would just need to get the adapters so I could fit the lenses on to that mount-type instead. I'm not looking for video capabilities but am looking for a bigger internal buffer and more shots per second.

I have no budget for a camera, but will make one if there is an upgrade...this 1000d is no good for action shots or low-light situations...a couple of themes that would interest me in practicing...

First I'm going to buy a reflector and diffuser panel...then some lighting and softboxes...then another camera...EOS 7D perhaps?

Last edited:
When I was pricing around... the cost difference from the 60d to the 7d didn't really seem worth it to me. (I'm sure others will disagree) At that point I figured though that it's better to just get the 5d. Depends on what you need it for I suppose, the 7D is quite fast, but to spend $1700 and not get full frame seemed silly to me, when the 5d was $2400. So I ended up with the 60d instead, half the cost of the 7d, and nearly as fast, with the exact same sensor. If you really want micro-focus-adjust and the metal body there's always the 50d as well...

So if I was buying a Canon body now, I'd either go for the 50d/60d, or wait for the new 5d to come out. (this year I think, right?) The 7d really doesn't strike me as being proportionately priced, but people really love theirs... it certainly has a feature set you can't get elsewhere.

Most reactions

Back