What would you buy for newborn boy shoot?

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by k.tremblay1, Mar 10, 2012.

1. cgipson1

cgipson1 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Don't forget to make a really garish FB page! ;)

2. sleepwalker

sleepwalker TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    What would you buy for newborn boy shoot? what do you mean by buy?
    when it comes to digital im not even an amatuer yet HA! even if i was i wouldnt charge i would ask to use the photos maybe for your facebook?

3. Balmiesgirl

Balmiesgirl TPF Noob!

Ya I feel your pain!
    Ii completely quit doing weddings in Utah! Too many wanna be's cutting the market!

4. raider

raider TPF Noob!

yep, there is no more professional industry and the norm will be amateur quality. they win.

5. 2WheelPhoto

2WheelPhoto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    its shifted to a professional "bustbuy and FB" industry riddled with crappy pics [​IMG]

6. bizamanda

bizamanda TPF Noob!

you can googling with keyword "baby poses", there you can find a lot of pose sample images and I am sure you will got prop ideas along with that images. ;)

7. jwbryson1

jwbryson1 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    :popcorn:

8. dandaluzphotography

dandaluzphotography TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It seems to me that all the sarcasm and berating comments aren't necessary. The OP is asking questions about an idea she has and all she really needs is to know what she's missing to do this. She's most likely not aware that taking photographs in the setting she describes is more than just posing the subject and pressing the shutter. You guys that have been through all the wars know what it takes to get started and her question is an invitation to share that experience, not be belittled. If someone asks a naive question as the OP's may be, simply making them aware of what they're not considering should be enough. If the OP's response to that advice is a negative one, then go to town on them, but not until then.

Every established professional on this forum was at some point a beginner with big ideas and somehow were helped along with their maturation as a professional photographer. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the use of the term "wannabe", but weren't all you established, experienced guys "wannabes" at some point?

I think that all these negative responses only serve to discourage beginners and makes you guys seem mean and bitter.

Just my 2 cents.

Danny

• Like Like x 1
  9. cgipson1

cgipson1 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think the point is that many of us who were or are PRO.. learned to use our cameras, and get decent images.. BEFORE we decided to turn PRO!

Unlike the vast majority of "Wannabe's" who think having what they consider a fancy camera (usually a low end entry level body with kit lenses that have slow apertures, slow and imprecise focusing, and less than stellar IQ)! They get the camera.. and next thing they seem to do is start charging.. even if they are shooting on AUTO or PROGRAM! And most of them are "natural light" photographers.. because they don't have a clue about using a flash.. or usually even reflectors. They lack even the most basic knowledge about how to work with light.. but they are still "PROS" right?

If someone is charging for photos.. by definition.. they are a PROFESSIONAL!

SO why are all of these "PROFESSIONALS" asking really stupid, basic beginner questions?

And how are we obligated in any way to help them?

10. 2WheelPhoto

2WheelPhoto TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    EPIC [​IMG]

11. sm4him

sm4him In memoriam Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I, for one, didn't make the assumption because the OP posted in the Beginner's Forum. I "assumed" it because they started with the words, "I'm a beginner, and..."

• Like Like x 2
  12. cgipson1

cgipson1 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

I like the way you think! lol!