What would you do?? (places to photograph) EEKKK

princessa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok i need some advice, I currently am doing just a free session thing, so i can 1 get more practice, 2 so I can get more exposure. (not sure if its smart or not) but I have a person (family) that wants me to meet them out on a farm somewhere i have no clue where it is, or even how far out it is. Ok she has already expressed to me that she wouldnt be able to budget to pay for any prints right away but still wanted me to take their photos, this really gives me this hurt in the pit of my stomach that I might think about going and meeting these people i have never met before out in the middle of no where, but it could be a really good shoot, but what would you do? Im so not sure ugh!

(keep in mind that i wont be making any money during this, only gaining more photos hmmm)

Thanks!

Ok i need some advice, I currently am doing just a free session thing, so i can 1 get more practice, 2 so I can get more exposure. (not sure if its smart or not) but I have a person (family) that wants me to meet them out on a farm somewhere i have no clue where it is, or even how far out it is. Ok she has already expressed to me that she wouldnt be able to budget to pay for any prints right away but still wanted me to take their photos, this really gives me this hurt in the pit of my stomach that I might think about going and meeting these people i have never met before out in the middle of no where, but it could be a really good shoot, but what would you do? Im so not sure ugh!

(keep in mind that i wont be making any money during this, only gaining more photos hmmm)

Thanks!

Sounds, like a great opening to a horror movie! :lol::lol: I would get more details and then consider going out with an "assistant photographer" and a nice well-trained large dog. My airedale is perfect.

skieur

hahahha THANKS!! hehe

I would go for it. Farms are amazing locations to shoot. You guys will have a blast and I am sure some good work will be produced.

Keep in mind that fear is the mind killer.

Luv & Bass

that is sooo true!!! Im going for it, have it all set up so now we will have to wait to see what the weather does, I dont do too well with shots in the sun, i know the sun needs to be behind me, but then their eyes squint lol! any ideas??
hehe

magic hours? The only time they could come is noon eeekkk

When the sun is in the eyes of the subjects, get them to close thier eyes, and on the count of 3 they open them. If your shooting digital then you shouldn't have a problem getting them not squinting! Good luck!

As a woman I understand this fear. I agree that fear keeps us from experiences but sometimes we need to listen to that litte voice inside of us. So I would do this. Leave contact info with someone else, bring some mace or something, and have someone call you after being there 10 minutes so you can reassure them that everything is ok. I know it sounds drastic but I like to error on the side of caution. And no, I generally am not an over reactor...I have felt comfortable with all my on locations jobs but I have also learned to listen to my intution, it is usually right. I am sure you will get lots of nice captures and your imagination is in overdrive. Good luck!

Sarah

Most reactions

New Topics

Back