What you guys think about this Picture C&C

sebo2000

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Is it overdone ?

6429241949_c4f211da8c_z_d.jpg

I actually like the railing. The vertical pickets mimic the top portion of the image and because it overlaps the ground, it gives a stronger sense of depth, at least to me. I would desaturate the door a bit, maybe 20% or so, as it seems a little too much.

I actually like the railing. The vertical pickets mimic the top portion of the image and because it overlaps the ground, it gives a stronger sense of depth, at least to me.

This.

(not to start a "to rail or not to rail" debate or anything. But I think it adds a lot to the image.)

I like it, I think it would be good with or without the fence. To me it seems like the light post add enough depth to make it work without the fence.

I like the original crop... but I'm not feeling the selective color on the door. I feel like it really disturbs the balance of the picture.

The original is awesome. Fence gives some nice balance...I am wondering where is Harry Potter. Nice work!

VERY interesting work that KmH did in this C&C thread! The railing makes a photo with one message...cropping out the railing creates and entirely different feel to the shot.

VERY interesting work that KmH did in this C&C thread! The railing makes a photo with one message...cropping out the railing creates and entirely different feel to the shot.
My thought exactly.

I liked it better with, because it puts out a restriction, that we arent allowed to go there, it forbidden, and it adds mild excitement, and desire.

I like the shot. Period.

My feeling on the railing is that it gives the perspective of peering in on the scene yet not being part of it and I feel that lends to the overall beauty of it. Without the railing would have been ok but it's definitely better with ;)

edit: Damn Bitter said it more eloquently! (and types faster!)

With railing, and desaturated (lamps too, not just the door)

Most reactions

Back