What's so damn great about your neck of the woods?

I wouldn't say that where I live is exactly "great", but I like it enough to have settled here after a lifetime on the road. Mostly, I like it here because it's near my family. But also because it's a little town (technically a Village) with a laid-back easy-going style that reminds me of living in Mayberry from the old Andy Griffith show, but in color and without the Southern accents. The people are friendly, and the businesses are small, family owned places. It's on the water, and the river and a boat/fishing dock is less than 250 feet from my front door. It's a nice, quiet place to retire.

Of all my travels though, my favorite area to live in was San Francisco. Besides all the fun of 'Frisco itself, it's proximity to so many other funtastic places, landscapes, climates and things made it my ultimate place to live. From Yosemite to L.A. to Seattle to adventures in and on the ocean for scuba and fishing, the desert, the mountains, the entire West Coast Shoreline, the redwood forests - it just had it all, as far as I was concerned. If I had the money to relocate myself and my closest family there and sustain us all (yeah, we're talking a lottery win here), that's where I'd live out the rest of my life.

I live in mid-western Canada in the Rocky Mountains. It doesn't get much better than this! Makes for easy wild-life photography!

I live in New Orleans so to say it rocks requires a few thing to be over looked All the VERY Drunk people, the car eating potholes and hurricanes (the Drink and the storms)
on the pros side we have a night life that never ends you can always go out and find somewhere that is open most likely with a band. the food is great. the weather is nice hot summer mild winter thunder storms now and then. very near water we have a huge lake the giant MS river and then beaches within an hour drive and swamp just outside of town. the people here are super cool and chill. Window shopping with a beer is legal Love taking morning walks while sipping a Blood Mary we habve a park twice the size of centarl park in new york It is called City Park lakes woods gators all right at your finger tips.

Most reactions

Back