Whats up with this punk?

Rayne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A practice shoot I did yesterday using only one strobe. Any cc is very much appreciated.

mike02-f.jpg

mike00-fl.jpg

1st one the punk is not in the center. 2nd one is not bad the accessories are not in focus. A lot of glare on the boots. Did you use a softbox ?

It looks like theres a lot of noise in the 2nd pics BG, or is there something going on with your backdrop?

Damn, people go way too far / put in too much effort to be "different" these days..

Very nice, very subtle color coordination of his wardrobe and hair colors and the background color in these two shots. I wish #1 were centered and more symmetrical. As another poster said, the out of focus nature of his boots and accessories in #2 is a bit distracting.

:irked: I knew to crop #1. Forgot

As for the BG. I used a velvet type of fabric that I bought from the fabric store, on sale at $4 a sq yard?. It doesn't really wrinkle and things don't stick to it. depending on the way of the fabric it looks like different shades.

Thanks for the replies. Going to use a soft box and shoot just those boots. I can really see what you mean with the glare and it is distracting.

Last edited:
Lighting and tones are pleasing in the second one.

The model is lacking emotion imo. Which is kind of funny because I can almost hear him talking to himself "Im so dark and emo... how's my hair?"

Hmm to much glare on the boots on the 2nd one...play with the contrast a bit..it should help

I like everything about the 2nd one. Well... almost everything. Why can't guys just be guys anymore?

Why can't guys just be guys anymore?

Because that would be too easy :lol:

play with the contrast a bit..it should help

I think playing with the contrast would have a negative effect on the tones. However, the glare on the boots has been fixed.

Most reactions

Back