ladybird_02.jpg

ladybird_03.jpg

ladybird_04.jpg

phasmid_02.jpg

phasmid_01.jpg

Or a phasmid?

Thanks for looking

tim

Great shots! :thumbup: #1 is my choice,, never seen a yellow ladybug before. But what the heck is that other bug? A phasmid you called it?

Nice pictures of the fungus eating Halyzia sedecimguttata:wink: I like how it has purple pollen stuck to it. Mainiac I don't think this Ladybug is in the US.

The other insect, which you also did a wonderful job photographing, is known as a Stick Insect or Walking Stick.

Thanks Maniac, it just turned up on a blackberry bush that we took some leaves for the phasmid to eat.

Thats great to know what it is digital flower. Its a Danish one, and i beleive they are some of the earliest insects to appear after winter here.

:)thanks passion4film :)

Here is another one

ladybird_05.jpg

with a 100% crop of its head, just because i was suprised how good the resolution was through a cheapo second hand kenko 2x teleconverter.

ladybird_06.jpg

tim

Very nice TPE, I like how she has polen on her in #2, and #3. Were you using a macro lense with the tele converter? Very sharp pics either way.

lol... #4 startled me... Here I am all happy looking a pretty little bug and then BAM!!!! LOL... 4 and 5 are of type a praying mantis right? It looks like one but then it doesn't. Never mind I see one of the other posts... a stick bug of sorts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back