What's your favorite animal?

I'll be the boring one...dogs... just love 'em :)

Never woulda guessed.

Guys, Joe's the one that, when I'm walking around town or something, and I'm on the phone with him and I see a dog, I'll say to him "Joe, since you're not here to say it, I'll just say it for you: Awww! Look at the doggy!"

:greenpbl:

I'm not joking. :lmao:

Never woulda guessed.

Guys, Joe's the one that, when I'm walking around town or something, and I'm on the phone with him and I see a dog, I'll say to him "Joe, since you're not here to say it, I'll just say it for you: Awww! Look at the doggy!"

:greenpbl:

I'm not joking. :lmao:

She's not.

In related news, I should be adopting a greyhound by the end of Summer :D

My favorite animal is homo sapien sapien. I like the rare old ones from the 1930's and 40's best but I like them all. I hear the female of the species make great life-long companions and some people even turn them into house pets. ;)

After homo sapien sapien, my next favorite is for sure the canis familiaris subspecies of the canidae family - without a doubt!

Dinosaur.

No, but really I'd have to go with dogs.

I would have to say a Lion. Hearing a lion roar in person is about the scariest thing I have ever encountered :shock::pale:. Those things demand respect!

I'll have to second that. The wife & I were at the Cincinnati zoo last month, and I caught a couple of the male lion who is rarely awake and active. The first pic is in the middle of a roar which sounded like you were standing in the center of a 1000W surround-sound system...VERY impressive. It was something you felt reverberate right through your bones, and made me very glad I wasn't on the menu.

BClionroar.jpg

BClionport.jpg

Any Owl, Meerkat's and Otters

Bottlenose Dolphin
Orca
Water Vole
Harvest Mouse
Orkney Vole
Red Fox
Great Creasted Grebe
Blue, Long tailed and bearded Tits
Mute Swans
Barn Owls
Red Kites
Red Panda
and cute little kittens :biggrin:

So, I'm the ONLY one who hasn't noticed that Andy didn't list "otters"?

I'll be the boring one...dogs... just love 'em :)

I'm the same way, if you are how Corry says. If I see a dog, I HAVE to pet him/her. They're definitely up there, but having never seen a red panda, I had to put them first.

What's your favorite breed, look wise? I like Shar Peis (?), Bull Terriers (Spuds MacKenzie) and Basset Hounds. The wrinkly dogs are my favorite as far as looks for the most part.

BTW, a rule of thumb is to never go up to a dog in the bed of a pickup in a parking lot or whatever. I live in the country, and I learned this the hard way. Most "truck dogs" are cool, but others want to KILL you cause they think you're an intruder. They're in the bed of the truck for a reason, and unfortunately its not for us. :)

I would comment, but I'm too much of a newbie to really get this.

Otters are a given for LP - they are so far above that list that they don't have to lower themselves to be included

Its because Otters are not one of my favourite animals, I just posted some snaps of them on here and people started calling me The Otter King

A King that hates his subjects.
Sounds perfectly normal to me ;)

Most reactions

Back