Whats Your Favorite Lens

hmm... It is a tough call.. as I go from fav to next fav from time to time.

So within the last few months this is my current fav:

203837242.jpg

198619554.jpg

206966826.jpg

203837238.jpg

203837244.jpg

203837235.jpg

50mm f/1 Noctilux. The biggest reason I have enjoyed this lens so much is that it is such a challenge to use. When used correctly, it produces such wonderful pictures.... I love the low light capability of this lens.

I'm still learning it... and continues to capture my interest... it will be a while before I feel like I've mastered it.

Other "recent" favorites:

Canon 24-105mm f4 IS USM:

142844453.jpg

151770415.jpg

Wonderful do it all lens... Nice range, sharp, easy to handle, IS when needed.

Canon 85mm f1.8:

53721236.jpg

Next to the 50mm f1.8 its the best bang for the buck.

Past Favorites...
Pentax 645 75mm
Pentax 50mm f2
Pentax 40mm f2.8 pancake << Small compact street shooter
Canon 135mm f2L << SHARP ...
Canon 100-400mm
TriElmar 28-35-50

Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8

It is very versatile and I can use it for portraits, sports & parades, wildlife as well as landscapes. I only a few shots from the past few weeks handy..

Lars, you have a great eye and a real talent for photography. Thanks for posting the images.

Lars, you have a great eye and a real talent for photography. Thanks for posting the images.

I'll second that.

which camera I am using. 35mm or APS-C sensor.

Generally less than 50mm.

Cheers

my most used lenses are a 17-40 f/4 and a 24-105 f/4

my most favourite ones are the 50 f/1.4 and the 300 f/4 though ;) ..´.

I have some favorites as well but it ususally boils down to what will enable me to get the image I'm after without compromise. However , I do need to say that some of the images in this thread make me want to go hide in hole and never come out again.

Pat

My Canon 24-105L - It's on my 20D most of the time.
Second choice would be my Canon 10-22mm

I'm currently in love with the Canon TS 24mm f/3.5. (My first L series lens, go figure.) The crop factor on the 400d makes it the equivalent of 39mm lens, which is still wide(ish), but near normal enough that I can use it as a walk-around lens. It focuses at 12", which is nice, but it's heavy-- enough that I've been bruised twice by it already. Also, I'm quickly becoming spoiled by the T and S. When I switched to the Sigma 70-200, I found myself making mental adjustments with the shift, and being frustrated that it wasn't there.:lol:

However , I do need to say that some of the images in this thread make me want to go hide in hole and never come out again.

Pat

LOL yeah me too.

I recently bought a Sigma 20mm prime at f1.8. I haven't had much time to use it however I love to shoot wide so I know this one will get a lot of use.

Before I bought the Siggy I used a Canon 100 mm prime f2 for almost everything.

My FD mount Vivitar Series 1 70-210mm f2.8-f4.0.

It was my grandfather's before he passed away, and he recieved it as a gift from a professional photographer(given about 3 years ago) he met in Germany during World War II (my grandfather was German as well). It is ridiculously sharp and very useful yes, but the sentimental part of it is the best. I alway think of him when I shoot with it.

R.I.P. Richard

Canon 35-105 is my favorite film lens, that I always start with on the AE1. It doesn't get out much anymore, because I don't shoot much film, but it's still my favorite of all time.

Soon to take over, my Canon 70-200 IS USM L 2.8 that I've used a couple of times and I'm still getting to know.

For digital my ideal all around lens would be something like a 28-135 (which I just invented I think?) ;) Wide enough for getting in groups and wide shots, long enough to frame the pictures in camera.

I have a 28-105 EF, which is fine, but I'd like a little more zoom. When I see something longer, it's never wide enough.

But the reason I settled on the 70-200 is, if I do need something longer, I'd rather change lenses and use a 300mm prime.

Mine would be the 50 f1.4 - light, sturdy, 'unobtrusive' when compared with it's L mates, and fast.

That second shot is superb, Lars!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back