What's your favorite settings on your SLR?

lance70

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I was curious what settings some of you use on your SLR when shooting different subjects. If you shoot in vivid mode, bump up your saturation or sharpness, white balance, etc.

Thank you

The settings that get me results.

I generally shoot RAW, so color mode is a moot point, but I like the monochrome mode on the D700 alot, especially with the ISO up at 6400-12000. I also have a D2x mode that I use when shooting people.

I shoot Aperture priority 95% of the time when i'm not shooting action or using strobes. Then i'm in manual usually.

I dunno, i have my function buttons all customized to do 100 different things instead.

Thanks, yeah good point, a lot of people probably use raw mode too, didn't think about that. Thanks for the input :)

I shoot in Raw and manual all the time. I think the only setting I remember touching is boosting sharpness to 5. The rest gets taken care of in CaptureNx2.

Oh, and usually matrix metering and afs single point focusing.

Thanks, yeah good point, a lot of people probably use raw mode too, didn't think about that. Thanks for the input :)

Not really a mode like "sports", "portrait", etc... It's the file that's output from the camera.

I shoot Manual 80% of the time. Occasionally I'll toss it on AV or TV if the situation call for it.

Yup, another RAW shooter here.

i also shoot raw and like aperature priority

I use by far the most: RAW + Aperture priority.

When using RAW what software do you need to buy for photo editing ?

When using RAW what software do you need to buy for photo editing ?

Lightroom is good for Raw files, and so is Picasa 3 (free). Your camera also should have come with software to do basic editing.

Great thanks, I will check that out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back