why is it that when I record a video on my camera, it looks different than others even though I follow the same settings?

fujiguy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
for eg.

I set frame rate double , so 30fps to 60 fps then, iso to auto, then aperture to the widest (f/4 for me) and everything else. Then I set it on tripod, hit record. when I film myself it looks a bit washed out and my skin look saggy and pores are very visible, the overall movie is flat, etc whereas if you watch a walking head of someone in a blog or youtube often it is either cinematic, or if not, their face look clean and professional. What am I doing wrong?

Is it the lighting set up?

I have a mirrorless camera if that makes any difference.

1. Which Fuji camera?
2. What are your Movie, Mode Settings?
3. What is your editing program?

I shoot video and in post sometimes add a touch of a film stock to give it a contrast/saturation boost. And sometimes correct the white balance. Lighting will make a difference.

1. Which Fuji camera?
2. What are your Movie, Mode Settings?
3. What is your editing program?

I shoot video and in post sometimes add a touch of a film stock to give it a contrast/saturation boost. And sometimes correct the white balance. Lighting will make a difference.
fuji xt 4
movie mode setting is mov/h 264
editting is premiere pro

I had the XT-2, XT-3 and currently have the XT-5
Movie Mode - 4k 29.97P are my current settings
Under Film Simulation I like STD>Provia Standard and adjust if needed in post, Premiere Pro. There are other Film Simulations available to bake in the color.

In Premiere Pro my favorite film stock is Lumitri Presets>Filmstocks>Fuji F125 Kodak 2395. I set the intensity to a low number based on the footage usually around 15 to 30

For this video I didn't use the Lumitri Presets. Video was how the camera recorded. There are blend modes with the overlays:

This video I went a little crazy and used the Lumitri Preset at 74

Most reactions

New Topics

Back