What's your favorite settings on your SLR?

RAW + Large JPEG. Av mode 80% and Manual the rest of the time. I bump the saturation up +2 and Sharpness +1. I use the JPEG's for web posting and I keep the RAW images for anything I decide to print.

1/125, f/5.6, ISO 100.

;)

When outdoor (zoo, picnic, etc ...), RAW and aperture priority.

Indoor with flash, RAW and manual (1/250, f/5.6 - f/8.0) works well for me.

I shoot RAW except on Sundays from 2:00pm to 3:00pm.

I use Manual ~95% of the time.

In camera adjustments are set to Neutral except on Sundays from 2:00pm to 3:00pm.

I set the shooting bank to what I am shooting, Normal, Flash or Action.

I always shoot in RAW,
Usually aperture priority unless it's studio work...then manual.

I almost always use RAW - only exception is concert photography, when saving RAW images takes too much time (my pics still turn out horrible...).
And shooting in manual mode not only gives me the feeling of having control, but also of having to control what I'm doing, so it might help me to some day understand how this whole photography thing actually works. :roll:

I shoot RAW with everything manual except focus and flash(if in use)

I have little concern for anything other than landscapes so my settings are easy.

RAW + JPG
Lowest ISO possible (LO1 or 100)
Maunal mode with;
Smallest aperture possible (f22-f32)
Manual focus
& usually 3-7 exposures

Last edited:
I as well shoot mainly in aperture and manual but mostly in JPEG untill I learn PS to use RAW at its full potential.....

sounds like RAW is the way to go, when using RAW do settings like sharpness and saturation still affect the picture then?

From what I gather, when shooting RAW the only setting that really matters is the aperture because it affects your DOF.
Other settings like WB, saturation and to some extent exposure can all be adjusted later.
I say exposure adjust "to some extent" only because, if the shadows are blocked or the highlights are blown in the original shot, there is no getting them back. At least that I am aware of.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back