whats your photo ratio?

Dew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
alrighty, out of a "roll" or 35 exposures, how many are usable? ... that u really like?

i'd say out of 35 exposures (on my digital cam) ... i can use about 5-6 :lol: ... whats ur ratio?

(usable in terms of meeting your criteria/standard, composition .. not just technically "perfect")

Dew said:
alrighty, out of a "roll" or 35 exposures, how many are usable? ... that u really like?

i'd say out of 35 exposures (on my digital cam) ... i can use about 5-6 :lol: ... whats ur ratio?

(usable in terms of meeting your criteria/standard, composition .. not just technically "perfect")

I'd say about 6 too. Used to be one or 2 total out of 24 exposures that were decent.

Depends on my experience with the subject or place. I shoot a LOT the first time out doing something and don't end up keeping much. In those shots, I see something that I go back and get right the first time the next time out...

So say I go to NYC to shoot the NBA Finals at MSG.

First day, Game 1: 350 shots, 15 keepers.
Second day, Game 2: 300 shots, 35 keepers.
Third day, Game 3 (moves to a different venue): 300 shots, 50 keepers.
Fourth day, Game 4 (same other venue): 200 shots, 50 keepers.
Fifth day, Game 5 (back at MSG): 300 shots, 60 keepers.

And since my teams always win everything, I won't need a game 6 or 7 and I'll be sick of shooting the same 25 people and 2 venues, so I wouldn't go to shoot (I'd go to watch) if there were other games.

My first 'pro' model shoot, I shot 450 shots. About 20 were worth saving. Same model, 2 weeks later, 250 shots, 60 keepers. I think we just learn and get better.

M

i did a photo shoot yesterday with a lady that my camera didnt love :lol: and out of over 100 shots, i came up with one that i could live with :?

*the sample photo she sent me looked nothing like her in person.. maybe her 5 yrs ago* :scratch:

When i'm shooting the stars or planets, perhaps 2-3 out of 36. Daytime pics usually about 10 i like.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back